Kodi works on Windows, MacOS X, GNU/Linux, Android and (jailbroken) iOS.
It has a libre.fm scrobbler plugin.
VLC is available for Windows, MacOS X, GNU/Linux and other platforms.
To scrobble to libre.fm:
- Go to the Tools / Preferences menu (press Control and P).
- At the bottom left of the window, select the "Show Settings: All" radio button.
- Search for "audioscrobbler" and select the Audioscrobbler list item.
- Enter your username and password, and enter "turtle.libre.fm" as the Scrobbler URL.
- Click the "Save" button and you're ready to scrobble!
The easiest way to scrobble on GNU/Linux is to use Rhythmbox. It supports libre.fm straight out of the box (see the libre.fm entry in the list on the left of the window).
Simple Last.FM Scrobbler supports libre.fm and will scrobble any tracks played by supported music players, including the Google Play Music app.
We have a list of https://git.gnu.io/foocorp/librefm/wikis/Clients you can use to scrobble to libre.fm on various platforms.
Or if you want to use a client that doesn't directly support libre.fm,you can https://git.gnu.io/foocorp/librefm/wikis/Using_turtle.