As of version 0.13.2 Rhythmbox has out of the box support for Libre.fm, including multiscrobbling and radio support. For older versions see the details below.
Rhythmbox with [Scrobble free
If you install the scrobble free plugin for Rhythmbox you will be able to
multiscrobble content to different servers.
The plugin is a early version and not ready to use by everyone, as described in [the mail of the author.](http://lists.autonomo.us/pipermail/libre- fm/2009-May/000561.html)
There is a special page for this plugin in this wiki.
Single server scrobbling
Rhythmbox 0.12.1 and superior can be configured.
However, the graphical user interface does not permit it (yet ?). you need to edit the GConf key /apps/rhythmbox/audioscrobbler/scrobbler_url to !http://turtle.libre.fm.
You can either use the graphical GConf-editor, or use the following command:
gconftool-2 --type string --set /apps/rhythmbox/audioscrobbler/scrobbler_url "http://turtle.libre.fm"
Then, you can configure the Last.fm Rhythmbox plugin and give it your login/password to Libre.fm and be a happy scrobbler :)
Scrobble with hosts file entry
Rhythmbox works partially.
- "Now playing" doesn't work, not sure if this is even implemented in the last.fm plugin Bug created: http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=579715
- Songs played with the Jamendo plugin will not be gobbled yet: Problem should be solved in newer releases: http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=579349
- If your songs are not displayed on the website, and you are sure you have your userid and password properly configured, you can attempt this fix (tested under Ubuntu 9.04)
- From the command line, run gconf-editor, expand "apps", expand "rhythmbox", highlight "audioscrobber"
- In the right pane highlight your username and password, right click and select unset
- Close gconf-editor, restart rhythmbox, and enter your libre.fm userid and pass in the last.fm plugin and it may work again
- Version 0.11.6 works as advertised.